Rich in nutrients and dietary fiber, spinach is a healthy choice in your plate.
- Wash a bunch of spinach (its about a handful) nicely.
- Cut out the stem one inch above its roots starts.
- Now cut it into fine pieces.
- Take one medium sized onion, wash and peel it.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Take a small tomato and chop it into small pieces. If you don’t like tomatoes use little coconut scrapings instead.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When its hot put few mustard in.
- Add onion pieces into the pan and saute for a minute in medium flame.
- Add tomato pieces (or coconut scrapings), a little garam masala (about three pinches) and one green chili sliced (its optional).
- Finally add your finely cut spinach and mix. Don’t forget enough salt!
- Put the lid on, let it cook for some time. Stir in between to avoid it getting burnt down.
- About seven minutes later, test whether your spinach is cooked or not!
- You can have it with rice or filling in your sandwich or eat as such!
if you don’t get garam masala, feel free to use vegetable or even meat masala powder instead. do not use too much masala since it will hide the taste of spinach fully.