This yummy curry can be made in a jiffy. It is also very easy, and can be made to the taste you want. To make this spicy dish, cook the eggs in oil, add tomatoes and other vegetables and serve over a steaming hot mount of basmati rice.
Tomatoes 1 Cup Chopped
Onions 1 Cup Chopped
Ginger-Garlic Paste 1 tsp
Green Chillies 4-5 Finely Chopped
Amchur/Dry Mango Powder 1 tsp
Tej Pata or Bay Leaves 1-2
Zeera 1 Tsp
Zeera Powder 1 Tsp
Garam Masala 1 Tsp Optional
Coriander for garnishing Finely Chopped
Red Chilli powder 1 Tsp
Eggs 4 Boiled and peeled
Vegetable Oil 3 table spoons
Turmeric 1 Tsp
Direction to prepare:
- Rub 1/2 tsp tumeric over the boiled eggs so that the skin becomes yellow.
- With a fork prick the skin of the eggs.
- Pour the oil into a wok. Let the oil get hot, but not steaming.
- Shallow fry the eggs on all the sides in this oil. The oil will splatter, and the egg will pop and sizzle, so exercise caution when doing this. Once the skin is golden brown, take the eggs out and put them on a paper towel covered plate.
- Lower the heat and add the zeera, tej pata and the left over turmeric. Once the zeera starts to sparkle, add the ginger garlic paste. Saute and then add the onions and green chillies.
- Once the onions become a light golden brown add the tomatoes.
- Add the salt, the amchur powder, zeera powder and saute.
- When the tomatoes start cooking, put the fried eggs in. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and oil collects on the sides. Take off the heat.
- Put it in a serving dish and garnish with coriander. Serve piping hot with rice or roti.