Today, I tried my favorite Brinjal Masala Curry.. Please check it out and let me know how you felt..
Cooking time – 40 min
Serves 3 to 4
- Tender Brinjal – 500 gm
- Greed chillies slit – 2
- Onions chopped – 2
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp
- Red Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 4 to 5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Fresh coconut chopped – 75 gms
- Poppy seeds – 4 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1
RECIPE FOR BRINJAL MASALA CURRY AKA ANDHRA VANKAYA MASALA IGURU:
- Line up all your ingredients. Chop onions and slit green chillies.Let us prepare the masala for the brinjal curry.Take fresh coconut and chop into pieces.
- Now heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add the brinjal slices.Sprinkle some salt and turmeric
and cook for just 5-10 minutes until they turn tender.Keep them aside.
- Add in the poppy seed and coconut paste and mix well.Allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add in all the spice powders including chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala and some salt.
- Adjust little water and cook the paste till the raw smell goes off and oil starts This will take approximately 15 minute.When the spicy paste is cooked,add in kasuri methi leaves.I wanted the curry a little bit runny so added little more water and adjusted salt.
- Finally add in the cooked brinjal and gently fold them well.Make sure not to stir is hardly as the brinjal may become mashy as it is already cooked.
- Cook it cobered on low flame for 10 more minutes and sprinkle coriander leaves.Spicy and tasty brinjal masala is ready to serve with rotis/chapatis..It even tastes great with plain rice and briyani.